- 1 can (14.5 ounces) diced tomatoes
- ½ cup reduced sodium chicken broth
- 1 medium carrot, roughly chopped
- 1 stalk celery, roughly chopped
- ½ cup finely chopped onion
- 3 sprigs flat leaf parsley
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic, divided
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 4 boneless skinless chicken thighs (5 ounces each)
- ½ teaspoon grated lemon zest
- 1-1/2 teaspoons chopped flat-leaf parsley
- In a 5- or 6-quart slow cooker, combine the tomatoes, chicken broth, carrot, celery, onion, parsley, 1 teaspoon garlic, salt and pepper.
- Snuggle the chicken thighs into the vegetable mixture.
- Cover and cook on LOW for 4 to 6 hours or until the chicken and vegetables are tender.
- With a slotted spoon, transfer the chicken thighs to a serving dish. Discard the parsley sprigs.
- With a slotted spoon, transfer the vegetables to a bowl.
- In a small bowl, mix together the remaining teaspoon of garlic, lemon zest and chopped parsley.
- Stir half the parsley mixture into the vegetables.
- Top the chicken with the vegetables and remaining parsley mixture and serve.
Nutritional Estimates Per Serving (1/4th): 150 calories, 6 g fat, 9 g carbs, 2 g fiber, 15 g protein and 4 WW PointsPlus Value