7 Smart Points
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 medium uncooked onion(s), chopped
- 1 large sweet red pepper(s), or other bell pepper, chopped
- 1 medium uncooked sweet potato(es), peeled, chopped into 1/4-inch pieces
- 3 clove(s) (medium) garlic clove(s), finely chopped
- 2 Tbsp chili powder, or to taste
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1 tsp ground coriander
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 1/2 tsp table salt, or to taste
- 1 tsp canned chipotle peppers in Adobo sauce, minced
- 14 1/2 oz canned diced tomatoes, with juice
- 1 cup(s) reduced sodium vegetable broth
- 15 oz canned black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1/2 cup(s) avocado, diced
- 4 Tbsp reduced-fat sour cream
- 1 medium uncooked scallion(s), chopped
- 1/2 medium fresh lime(s), cut into wedges
- In a large heavy pot or Dutch oven, heat oil over medium heat. When oil shimmers, add onion and bell pepper; cook, stirring occasionally, until softened, about 3 to 5 minutes.
- Stir in potato, garlic, chili powder, cumin, coriander, oregano and salt; cook for 1 minute. Add chipotle, tomatoes and their juice, and broth; bring to a boil. Reduce heat, cover, and simmer for 20 minutes.
- Stir in beans and simmer until potatoes are fully cooked, another 8 to 10 minutes.
- Serve topped with avocado, sour cream, scallions and lime wedges.
- Serving size: about 1 1/2 c chili, 2 Tbsp avocado, and 1 Tbsp sour cream per serving.