- 2 whole wheat tortilla
- 1 lb ground chicken, or ground turkey
- 1 can (14 oz) tomato sauce
- 2 tsp tabasco sauce
- 1 cup low-fat cheddar cheese, or Mexican blend cheese
- 1 can (16 oz) fat-free refried beans
- 1 canola oil cooking spray, 3 sprays
- 1 baked corn tortilla chips, crushed
- 1 reduced-fat sour cream, optional topping
- 1 salsa, optional topping
- 1 lettuce, optional topping
- 1 onion, diced, optional topping
- 1 green pepper, diced, optional topping
Lightly spray a pan with cooking spray and brown ground chicken. Mix tabasco with tomato sauce and pour over the browned chicken. Simmer until slightly thickened.
Spray a 9 x 9 casserole (with a lid) with cooking spray. Tear up whole wheat tortillas and place them so they cover the entire bottom of the dish.
Sprinkle 1/2 the cheese on the tortillas, spread refried beans over the cheese and then top the beans with chicken and tomato mixture.
Sprinkle the top of the casserole with crushed chips and remaining cheese.
Cover and bake until the cheese is bubbly. Remove the lid and let the cheese brown slightly.
Remove from the oven and allow to cool for 5 minutes.
Service with toppings of your choice: sour cream, salsa, lettuce, diced onions or peppers.
Per serving: 7 SmartPoints; 7 PointsPlus; 5 POINTS (old)
Servings Per Recipe: 6