- 1 pound chicken breast fillets
- 4 tablespoons freshly-squeezed lemon juice
- 4 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 2 tablespoons low-fat Greek yogurt
- 1 clove garlic, finely chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon Kosher or sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon dried oregano
- 3 whole grain tortillas (tortilla recipe)
- 3 cups lettuce, coarsely chopped
- 1/4 cup whole wheat croutons
- 1/3 cup Parmigiano Reggiano (Parmesan) cheese, shaved or grated
Over medium heat, on a barbecue grill or griddle, grill both sides of the chicken and cook until it reaches an internal temperature of 165 degrees.
While cooking the chicken, prepare the sauce. In a small bowl, whisk the lemon juice, extra-virgin olive oil, Worcestershire sauce, yogurt, garlic, salt, pepper, and oregano. Set aside.
When the chicken is cooked, dice then transfer to a large bowl. Pour half of the sauce on the chicken while still warm and mix well. Add the lettuce, croutons and the remaining sauce and toss to combine.
Spoon the salad in the tortillas, sprinkle the Parmesan, roll the tortillas and slice in the middle.
Yields: 6 servings/3 wraps
Serving Size: 1/2 wrap
Total Fat: 17 g
Saturated Fat: 3 g
Trans Fat: 0 g
Cholesterol: 53 mg
Sodium: 155 mg
Carbohydrates: 18 g
Dietary Fiber: 2 g
Sugars: 1 g
Protein: 21 g
SmartPoints value : 8