- 6 cups loosely packed baby lettuce (any variety) or romaine hearts
- 2 eggs, hardboiled, peeled and halved*
- 1 1/2 cups halved cherry or grape tomatoes
- 1 avocado, pitted, peeled, and diced
- 1 cup uncooked quinoa (any variety)*
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 lemon, juiced
- 1 teaspoon dijon mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher or sea salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
*Cook quinoa by adding it to a pot with 1-1/4 cups water and a sprinkle of salt. Cook on high, uncovered, until brought to a boil. Stir once and then cover, reducing heat to the lowest setting. Allow to cook for 20 to 25 minutes or until all water is absorbed. Uncover and fluff with fork. Quinoa may top salad warm or cool, depending on preference.
*To hard boil the eggs, place in a small pot and cover with one inch of cold water. Bring just to a boil over medium heat. Cover and remove from the heat. Let sit for 10 minutes. Place in strainer under cool running tap water to cool. Peel and cut in half.
Whisk together the juice of one lemon and dijon mustard. Pour olive oil in a slow and steady stream, whisking all the while until incorporated. Whisk in salt and pepper.
Toss together lettuce and cherry tomatoes.
Top first with the cooked quinoa, then eggs, then avocado.
Serve dressing on the side.
Yields: 6 servings
Total Fat: 17g
Saturated Fat: 3g
SmartPoints value : 9