- 1/2 ripe avocado
- 1 large or extra large egg
- 2 small pieces whole grain or whole wheat sliced bread
- 1 teaspoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice or vinegar (white or apple cider)
- 1/2 cup salad greens of choice or baby spinach, optional
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher or sea salt, divided
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
Poach eggs by bringing 2 inches of water with 1/4 teaspoon salt and lemon juice or vinegar to a simmer over high heat. Do not allow water to boil. If it begins boiling, reduce heat.
Crack egg into a small bowl or mug and slide egg into water. Simmer for 3 to 4 minutes until egg white is solid, but yolk is still liquid. Remove with a slotted spoon and place on paper towel/napkin to absorb any excess water. Place on toast.
Meanwhile, smash avocado with olive oil, 1/4 teaspoon of salt, and black pepper. Use a potato masher or pulse in a food processor or blender until pureed but slightly chunky. Spread onto one side of toast, top with salad greens or spinach if using, and place over egg toast. Enjoy!
Yields: 2 servings
Serving Size: 1/2 sandwich
Total Fat: 13g
Saturated Fat: 2g
Trans Fat: 0g
Sodium: 556 mg
SmartPoints value : 6